I know I said I'll update soon, but the soon became 10 years later. Sorry for the super late update guys! (not like people actually waited for this update, but apa salahnya berangan)
Second half of 2016 was crazy. A lot had happened to the point that I really didn't feel like sharing anything here. (plus we have instagram)
So here I am updating the second part of the trip.
If you still remember, the main purpose of me going back to Japan is for my best friend's wedding in Nagoya. After sending Shamin off to KIX, I headed to Nagoya by using normal JR trains because I was just a broke student. I think I spent about 3000 Yen for it. Too broke for shinkansen, so it took me about 3 hours to reach Nagoya. My JR pass only starts on 2 days later or something.
Once I reached Nagoya, my juniors in Nagoya picked me up and we had dinner together at their house. Seriously, thank you. I don't know where the photos are but..... thank you so much for letting me stay at your house!
The next day- the wedding.
The wedding was held at a wedding venue nearby Nagoya Station. Had to go there early to put on my furisode kimono there. Thank you so much FJT couple for preparing the dresser for me!
This is how it look from the back. omg 60kg me.

zoom in
This time it is a shinzen kekkon (Marriage before the gods: traditional Shinto wedding ceremony). It was my first time experiencing this. The bride and groom walked into the hall, wearing traditional kimono. Mai wore a white shiromuku kimono with wataboshi (the white bridal hood) while Fjt wore a black montsuki kimono and hakama. During the ceremony the couple and their family members did the sansankudo which is a sake sipping ritual which represents a ceremonial vow, sealing the marriage bond, connecting the couple and their families, and inviting good fortune. It was beautiful.
After the procession, the guests were brought to the reception hall while the bride and groom got changed. Since it was my second time there, the venue even prepared a prayer space for me even though I didn't mention anything about it! They know I'm a muslim because my rsvp came with halal menu request (I already told them them that seafood is already okay, but they actually purchase halal meat for me), but I did not expect them to even prepare a prayer space for this one muslim girl. Thank you. (My friend said that it's because I might be their next client. So it's like this, kay. Our group consists of 6 people: the KMY couple, the FJT couple and the non marrieds. KMY couple got married here, and recommended this place to FJT couple. So, the staff thought that I might be next. Thank you, but I'm so sorry coz even after 10 years, I'm still not planning to do it. But I would totally recommend this place to other people).
During the reception I was asked to give a short speech. I did, but I think it was so bad to the point that I'm still ruminating about it till today (even though nobody remembers it) My mind went blank at the end of the speech so I immediately switch to a short wish in English to end the speech.
"May you two stay in love and fall in love again and again"
The aikido club members. The guys are all my senpais. The girls are all in the same batch.
The food was really good. We had lobster and all. They even showed some old videos and photos which made me so glad that I took a lot of their photos back then! (I was shipping them for sooo long!).
So happy that they finally got married (They have 2 kids now).

The ceremony ended around 3pm and the girls and I hang out with the bride at another cafe after that. I don't remember what we talked about, but I remember that KMY shared that she's pregnant!
While I was on my way back to where I was staying, it started to rain so I had to take a taxi after I reached Tsurumai station because I didn't wanna get my kimono wet...
Comments